Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The sport premium grant is an Olympic legacy fund that aims to increase the quantity and quality of the volunteer workforce supporting and developing the school games.
As a school we are lucky to receive sports premium funding from the Department for Education. Physical Development and Physical Education are fundamental parts of our curriculum offer.
The school utilises the funding in line with the Department for Education Guidance, which is to;
• Develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport activities
• Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
We also ensure that a thorough action plan has been taken out to include the 5 key indicators which are;
• Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
• Profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
• Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
• Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
• Increased participation in competitive sport
For how we adopt these 5 key indicators in our school, please see the sports premium document or for further information please contact, Marie McCuaig or Katie Turner. (Maternity cover will be Charlotte Young)
Further information on the sport premium is available via the following link: