A significant number of pupils choose to enter our Sixth Form group which specialises in independence-related learning and prepares pupils for the next steps in their life.
Admissions can take place at any time during the school year.
Admissions are arranged through the Local Authority (LA)
Parents should consult the Local Offer:
and /or the Derbyshire Information, Advice and Support Service for SEND – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01629 533668
Or, email: email@example.com
Special Needs Section Children and Younger Adults
Derbyshire DE4 3AG
- Parents look round the school
- Parent request a place at the school by contacting the Special Needs Section at Derbyshire County Council
- Special Needs Section at Derbyshire County Council consider the parents views and the reports that have been sent to them (usually from an Educational Psychologist and Health Professionals)
- Special Needs Section discusses the pupils individual needs, whether they can be met at Alfreton Park School and the availability of a place with the school
- Special Needs Section then take the placement decision.
Our family support specialist Sharon Walker will show you around the school and is happy to support families as required.
Following confirmation of a place at the school, Sharon will visit the family and make links with any previous school setting. We try to ensure that transition visits can be made and that pupils are well supported to make the move to Alfreton Park as smooth and stress free as possible for pupils and their families.
Missing Pupils Policy
Re: Moving / Transferring Schools
It is important that parents keep the Headteacher informed when they are considering changing schools, as we have a duty to inform the Authority of any child that we believe has left our school and has not provided forwarding information on their destination and education provision. If we are unable to establish your child’s new school, we would have to refer them as a missing child to Education Welfare Services. As a result, your child’s name may be kept on a missing register and efforts will be made to trace them. It is also important to know about a new school so that we can send on your child’s records.
At the point when you have decided to change school, please ask the school office for a Pupil Exit Form. If you are concerned that the details of your destination should not be shared with anyone but the Headteacher, please discuss this with him/her. S/he will be able to ensure that access to your new address details is restricted appropriately.